When you or a family member applies for Marketplace coverage, the Marketplace will estimate the amount of the premium tax credit that you may be able to claim for the tax year, using information you provide about your family composition, projected household income, and other factors, such as whether those whom you are enrolling are… Read More

During the busiest time of the tax filing season, the Internal Revenue Service kicked off its 2024 Tax Time Guide series to help remind taxpayers of key items they’ll need to file a 2023 tax return. As part of its four-part, weekly Tax Time Guide series, the IRS continues to provide new and updated resources to help… Read More

Today the IRS issued a news alert regarding the employee retention credit (ERC). As the March 22, 2024, deadline nears for the ERC Voluntary Disclosure Program, individuals who mistakenly filed a claim and received payment should take note. This program enables businesses to repay only 80% of the claim amount. Taxpayers who filed a claim that… Read More

WASHINGTON – With a key March deadline quickly approaching, the Internal Revenue Service today highlighted special warning signs that an Employee Retention Credit (ERC) claim may be questionable to help small businesses that may need to resolve incorrect claims. The agency alerted businesses about seven suspicious warning signs that could signal future IRS problems involving… Read More

Effective January 1, 2024, many companies in the United States must report information about their beneficial owners—the individuals who ultimately own or control the company—to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), a bureau of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Beneficial ownership informationreporting is not an annual requirement. Unless a company needs to update or… Read More

Existing Companies Have One Year to File; New Companies Must File Within 90 Days of Creation or Registration WASHINGTON — Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) began accepting beneficial ownership information reports. The bipartisan Corporate Transparency Act, enacted in 2021 to curb illicit finance, requires many companies doing business in… Read More

The Employee Retention Credit (ERC) – sometimes called the Employee Retention Tax Credit or ERTC – is a refundable tax credit for certain eligible businesses and tax-exempt organizations. The requirements are different depending on the time period for which you claim the credit. These frequently asked questions (FAQs) provide general information about eligibility, claiming the credit,… Read More

The Internal Revenue Service today reminded taxpayers that they must again answer a digital asset question and report all digital asset related income when they file their 2023 federal income tax return, as they did for their 2022 federal tax returns. The question appears at the top of Forms 1040, Individual Income Tax Return; 1040-SR, U.S. Tax… Read More

FinCEN has prepared the following Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in response to inquiries received relating to the Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting Rule. These FAQs are explanatory only and do not supplement or modify any obligations imposed by statute or regulation. Please refer to the Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting Rule, available at www.fincen.gov/boi, for details on specific… Read More